I have a certificate in proofreading and copy-editing from Chapterhouse Publishing, and I am also a published author (traditional and self-published) of historical fiction, so I have firsthand experience of the entire process from initial inspiration to early drafts, editing, publication and beyond. I understand how important a piece of writing can be, both to its author on a personal level and as a means of reaching an audience, and I enjoy working with writers to bring out the best in their ideas.
My areas of particular knowledge and experience include:
- History (particularly Victorian and Edwardian)
- Writing and publishing
- Veganism and vegetarianism
- Animal care and veterinary medicine
- Asperger's Syndrome and other autistic spectrum conditions
- Body modification (tattooing, piercing etc)
- The environment and 'green living'